Thursday, June 7, 2012

KVC 'No Power Day' for World Environment Day

Today was the day...we turned off lights, turned down the heating (not entirely off - we ARE quite near Antarctica and it IS winter!) didn't use computers or photocopiers - I even sacrificed using the staffroom microwave to heat up my lunch!

We all dressed in warm mufti clothes, a few brought blankets but otherwise it was business as usual. I did find myself missing my laptop for checking emails, showing news clips/quizzes, printing off work, completing senior reports  etc- oh well, they'll just have to wait until tomorrow!

Environment Committee gives us a pep talk!



Ice Shuffling? Dougie-ing?

Lovin' her blankie!

Lunchtime!
8FL watching a DVD in the afternoon
- we found it quite a slow moving story! 
A bit of lunchtime entertainment





A few animals came to play - I understand the moose and penguin - after all, it is winter...and pandas come from China, which can be cold...but frogs? Oh, perhaps that was just for the Frogblog!

No comments:

Post a Comment